Friday, June 14, 2013

IPSY: May Swatches and Review - Part 1

Hi everyone! I'm back again with the IPSY review. This was the first time IPSY had a large (huge, really) selection of items from which subscribers would receive some sort of combination. Many people were excited, but others were disappointed. I am still on the fence, as I am in the "didn't try everything, can't be sure" camp. But that does not mean this bag didn't have awesome items - in fact, I was one of the lucky ones who qualified for a free Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow! Check them out:


Zoya Nail Laquer in Blu, NuMe Finishing Serum, Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Glitter Rock, Yaby Concealer in Buff, Mirabella Lipstick in Daydream and Pacifica Island Vanilla Roll-On Perfume. 

 
All items outside of their packaging!













The polish shown here, Zoya in Blu, was already swatched by Pryanka here. This was one of 6 possible colors, as the options were all from the new Spring Collection. I'm obsessed with this color and the way it looks on my hand. Definitely my favorite product for this month!



Mirabella Lipstick in Daydream was the most surprisingly awesome of the bunch of items. This formula is SO SOFT. To quote someone else, this feels like butter on your skin. Body butter for your lips, if you will. The color is just sheer enough to be able to be worn daily, and I am very happy I got this instead of the glosses (I can't stand glosses!).


The Yaby Concealer in Buff was the biggest flop of the items this month. This concealer's consistency is somewhat gross, but it also just doesn't cover anything. This is aside from the fact that this is too light for my skintone. The previous Yaby items I received, the two eyeshadows from March were also a disappointment.


                                           
The NuMe Finishing Serum is another product I'm not yet sure about. I have thin and coarse hair, but I'm not sure what to even do with this. I tried dropping some in my hand and applying it as I have the Organix oils I own, but this doesn't seem to do anything. I was confused by all the raving about this item by many IPSY members online who were hoping to receive this. I may or may not swap/sell this item.


The Pacifica Island Vanilla Perfume Roll-On is my second favorite item this month. It smells like delicious candy - someone thought I had cotton candy on me when I put this on. It's definitely not for everyone, but for me this was a great departure from the fruit/citrus scents I tend to go for.


The Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Glitter Rock was the most anticipated item this month for most people. It wasn't actually something given to all IPSY members, but a bonus item for being a particularly active member or for referring two people to IPSY with a personalized link. I was the latter, and got this as a reward! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay, thanks to Pryanka, and I was so excited to try this out. However, it is NOT the most user friendly shadow. It is quite difficult to incorporate this into a daily look, and if I can't find a better way to use this I may have to get rid of it. 


MORE!

I was able to get my hands on the two other Pacifica items that Pryanka and I did not receive through swaps and purchases. I don't like the Tahitian Gardenia as much as the Island Vanilla, but it is also a nice departure from my usual scents. The Coconut Crushed Pearl is absolutely wonderful. It smells like toasted coconut, and the consistency is similar to January's Tuscan Blood Orange that came in the IPSY bag. The bronzing effect looks natural on me, most likely due to my skintone. I love this product and am glad I was able to get my hands on it!

Feel free to ask any questions about the items I reviewed here!

*Some links for swatches weren't working, so I'll update this when I can get them working!*

No comments:

Post a Comment